What is Mevlid Kandili?
lamps; These are the nights that not only illuminate our dark nights with their lights, but also illuminate our narrowed hearts with their spiritual blessings and clear our minds.
Oil lamps are blessed time periods that offer the opportunity to pray and turn to our Almighty Creator from the heart, to purify our hearts that are on the verge of being polluted by sin, to return to the essence, to realize the temporary and the permanent, to open our heart’s eyes and cleanse our world of heart, and to get away from the misleading desires and desires of the soul.
In Mevlid Kandili, we celebrate the birth of the Prophet of mercy, the messenger of mercy, who is a personality that focuses on all the beauties that make people human, and we live our lives by understanding his humanity and mercy, patience and fortitude, mercy and justice, generosity and generosity, in short, the values that he offers to humanity, which illuminates our individual and social life. Mevlid Kandili is a season of refreshment that we will beautify with morals.
Sunnis call the night that connects the eleventh night of the month of Rabiul-Awwal to the twelfth night, while the Shiites call the seventeenth day as the Mawlid day and the night that turns into the seventeenth as the Mevlid Night. The week between these two dates has also been declared as Happy Birthday Week.
Ottoman Sultan II. Since Selim, this celebration took the name of oil lamp with the burning of oil lamps in the minarets on the days and nights.
This year, Mevlid Kandili falls on October 17, 2021. There are no special prayers that should be done only during the Mevlid Kandil. Here are the prayers that should be done on every oil lamp night as follows. These:
- The Qur’an should be read, those who read it should be rested, Qur’an feasts should be given in suitable places, the feelings of love, respect and devotion to Kalamullah should be renewed and strengthened.
- Blessings and greetings should be brought to the Prophet (pbuh), hope for his intercession, and the consciousness of being a member of his ummah should be renewed.
- Salatu salam: Allahumma salli ala sayyidina Muhammad wa ala alihi wa sahbihi wa sallim.
- Meaning: O my God! Our Lord, salute our elder Muhammad, his sons, and his companions. (Have mercy, give peace.)
- Accident and supererogatory prayers should be performedIf there is any, the prayers that are transmitted for that night can also be performed, and the night of the oil lamp should be revived with the consciousness of benevolence in worship and worship.
- Contemplation must be made; They should think deeply about vital issues such as “Who am I, where did I come from, where am I going, what are God’s requests from me”.
- Sins should be sincerely repented and forgiven, and the night should be taken as the last opportunity to repent and be indignant.
- Plenty of dhikr and evrad ü ezkar should be done.
- We should say goodbye to the believers, and their consent should be obtained from the point of contact with them.
- Those who are offended and offended should be reconciled, hearts should be taken, sad faces should be made to smile.
- Those who have rights over us should be sought and asked, and the morality of loyalty and appreciation should be fulfilled.
- The poor, orphans, orphans, sick, infirm and old people should be visited and made happy with love, compassion, respect, gifts and alms.
- Verses, hadiths and their interpretations about that night should be read individually or collectively from the relevant books.
- Religious meetings, panels and conversations should be organized, sermons and advice should be listened to, and a separate fluctuation should be created in the hearts with hymns and melodies.
- Evening, night and morning prayers of Kandil night should be performed in congregation and in mosques.
- The shrines of the Companions, ulema and saints should be visited, their approval should be sought and they should be prayed to God on occasion in their spiritual climate.
- The graves of our deceased relatives, friends and elders should be visited and their loyalty to the brotherhood of faith should be fulfilled.
- The candles of our spiritual elders, masters, parents, friends and other relatives in life should be congratulated personally or by calling them, and their prayers should be asked.
- Fasting should be kept as much as possible during the day of these lamp nights.
What is the rosary prayer?
Rosary prayer, which is recommended to be done once in a lifetime mandub is a prayer. The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said to his uncle, Abbas;
“Look, uncle, let me teach you something that has ten benefits; If you do this, Allah will forgive your ten kinds of sins, the first and the last of your sins, the old and the new, the ones you have committed unknowingly or knowingly, the small or the big, the secret or the open.
(Abu Dawud, Tatavvu’, 14; Tirmidhi, Salat, 238).
He recommended and taught this prayer, saying, “We cannot do this every day,” said Hazrat Abbas, and our Prophet Efed stated that it would be sufficient to perform this prayer once a week, once a month, once a year or once in a lifetime.
How Rosary prayer is performed?
The rosary prayer consists of four rak’ahs and is performed as follows:
- “To perform the tasbih prayer for the sake of Allah” The prayer begins with the intention.
- 15 times after Subhanake “Subhanallahi ve’l-hamdulillahi vela ilaha illallahu vallahu akbar” is called.
- Then the eûzî basmala is drawn.
- The Fatiha and the surah are recited.
- After reciting the Fatiha and the surah 10 more times “Subhanallahi ve’l-hamdulillahi vela ilaha illallahu vallahu akbar” is called.
- This rosary
- 10 times after bowing
- 10 times when standing up from ruku
- 10 times in the first prostration
- 10 times when getting up from prostration
- It is said 10 times in the second prostration.
- Thus, 75 tasbihat are made in each rak’ah.
- When the second rak’ah is risen, the tasbih is recited 15 times, then
- Basmalah is drawn
- The Fatiha and the surah are recited.
- After reciting the Fatiha and the surah, the rosary is recited 10 times.
- The remaining rak’ahs are repeated in the same way and
- Thus, 4 rakats are completed and a total of three hundred tasbihat are recited.
The tasbih prayer is not performed at times of kerahat.
(Ibn Abidin, Reddu’l-muhtar, II, 30-31)
In the rosary prayer, if there is something that requires the sajdah assahiv, the sajdah sajdah is done normally, and the tasbih specific to the rosary prayer is not made in those prostrations.
(Tahtâvî, Haşiye, p. 361)
Those nights must have been called ‘candle nights’, as oil lamps were lit in honor of the nights that were blessed or that the people believed to be so, and some worship and customary things were done on those nights.
There is no doubt that the night our beloved Prophet (sa) was born is the night when a new era began in the world, and according to the narrations, the importance of this night was also evident with extraordinary natural events.